$135 - HEAT™ PHASE I - GUNFIGHT FUNDAMENTALS ONLY $50 DEPOSIT NEEDED APRIL 27, 2019
HEAT™ PHASE I - GUNFIGHT FUNDAMENTALS
HEAT™ Phase I - Gunfight Fundamentals is for those who have solid shooting fundamentals and are now prepared to learn how to fight with their handgun. Understand that not all threat engagements will result in the application of deadly force, so you will need knowledge of defense as you are carrying a handgun. Our curriculum is based on known statistical data and will develop your own personal operational expertise. We will enhance your knowledge as we assimilate into the fundamentals of ground fighting and edged weapon defense, correcting misapplications and developing aptitude and skills. Our HEAT™ Phase I - Gunfight Fundamentals curriculum is based around gunfight preparedness and not shooting drills. We will also delve into the basics of threat engagement with our handguns with a scientific approach based on behavioral characteristics and applications. You will learn a lot of material so come join us and bring your positive mental attitude and hard work ethic.
Course runs 10:00am - 6:00pm
Price: $135.00 per person
$50.00 Deposit will secure your spot in this course.
Minimum Class Size: 5
Maximum Class Size: 12
The shooting portion of this course does take place at an outdoor facility as we will be shooting multiple steel targets, learning how to use those handguns.
Essential Course Materials to Bring:
IF YOU ARE MISSING SOME EQUIPMENT PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE MAY BE ABLE TO LEND YOU EQUIPMENT TO USE.
1) 300-600 rounds for your pistol (Bring More = Shoot More)
2) Hearing and eye protection
3) Holster (Please see holster requirements)
4) Magazines and magazine pouches (Be able to carry 3 magazines on your person)
Inessential / Optional Items to Bring:
1) Chest rig, battle belt, plate carrier (whatever your preference for your “kit”)
2) Rain gear (also called wet weather gear, as we will train in the rain)
3) Knee pads or any other protective gear you may need (you may choose to wear a hat, but this is not a requirement)
4) Please bring your lunch and snacks so we may maximize the use of our time for training as there aren’t any restaurants nearby.
5) Please bring a chair to sit in during breaks.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOD STURDY HOLSTER, PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO ACCOMMODATE YOU WITH A HOLSTER THAT YOU CAN USE FOR OUR TRAINING. WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
All holsters must meet the following minimum requirements:
1) The holster must be molded for the weapon to accomplish a firm hold.
2) The holster must cover trigger and trigger guard thus preventing any manipulation of the trigger either accidentally or purposefully while the weapon is seated in the holster.
3) The holster must allow for one handed re-holster with either the strong hand or the support hand.
4) The holster must hold the weapon in a muzzle down orientation.
5) The holster must have some form of positive retention.
6) The holster must affix to a belt or, if connected to a carrier, it must still maintain the same muzzle down orientation.